Saturday, October 4, 2014

Stanley Kubrick - Too Fast For Love (Motley Crue cover)

Man, there's so much heavy shit to contemplate in the world...  Ebola, Fukushima, Charlie Sheen...  Not to mention my own personal problems.  So I'm going to go a little more fizzy rocka rolla on this post.

Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket" came out in 1987.  Motley Crue (insert aumlauts) releasted Too Fast For Love on their own Lethur Records (insert aumlauts... yes really) label in 1981.  By the way, I once owned a copy of the original "Too Fast For Love" album, which I bought from a friend, who I believed purchased it at Beekman Bob's, which was the underground record shop on Melrose in LA in those days.  I bought it for $20 and sold it a few years later for $50.  I wish I still had it.

Anyway...  Bear with me here...  Motley Crue preceded Kubrick's film by like six years, okay?  So look at the cover of "Too Fast For Love" and then look at this scene from "Full Metal Jacket."



So...  Vince is doing the "this is my rifle..." thing in 1981.  "This is my studded leather, chain bracelet, Devil's Sign hand signal, this is my gun!"  Or "this is my pistol this is my LOVE GUN."  I don't know.  Nikki Sixx can be such a cryptic dude.  Paul Stanley never had that problem (click on preceding link).

Anyway...  Kubrick was all about the hidden meaning, right?  And what Motley Crue was saying with Too Fast For Love?  Whoa, it's heavy, Man!  By the way, did you know that if after you've survived and recovered from ebola, and are otherwise no longer contagious, your sex pistol can still spread the infection for another THREE MONTHS!!!

No comments: